Senior & Student Photography FAQ
Lots of my friends are coming to you. Won’t my senior pictures look just like theirs?
Absolutely not! We treat you like the unique individual that you are, and photograph you that way. Every senior session is individually designed to create images that show not just what you look like, but who you are. For every high school senior, we create a unique set of images appropriate to them. Not just a duplicate of the last person in the door. Take a look at the senior portrait galleries on the website!
Do you have a studio? Where should be take our pictures?
We're not a studio photographer. We like to think of the great outdoors as our studio! We love trying new locations around the area, but we also have our favorites. We are available to help you decide the perfect place for your shoot. Please remember there is a travel fee for locations more than 50 miles from Englewood, FL.
Is there a perfect time of day for my photos?
There is indeed! We photographers call it the magic hour. The 1-2 hours before the sun sets is the best time to shoot. You get the most amazing warm, glowing light during this time.
What should I wear for my senior pictures?
We want you to look like yourself! So wear something that represents you and your style. That being said, we do have a few general guidelines for selecting the outfits for your session:
1. It’s about you: Your senior pictures are all about you, not your clothes, so we recommend wearing something that doesn’t distract from the subject (you!). We generally recommend that you stay away from “loud” colors, patterns, logos, writing, pictures, etc.
2. Color: warm or cool & pastels and earthy colors are best. Pastels generally look better in the Spring and earthy colors are perfect for Fall. Wear something that compliments your skin tone, if you are extremely fair, it may be a good idea to avoid really dark colors.
3. Accessories/Jewelry: We love accessories in photos! They give you something to play with and they give you character and make your photos unique.
4. Glasses: Some people choose to remove their glasses because of glare, but we will work hard to ensure there is little or no glare on your glasses if you choose to leave them on. For many of us, glasses are a big part of our ‘look’ and remember we want to know who YOU are, right now! Also remember that it’s okay to break these rules as long as you are aware that you’re breaking them, so if you have something in mind that you would love to wear… to heck with us and our rules! Have some fun!
Can I bring props?
Absolutely! Well-thought-out props can add a lot to your session. Here are a few suggestions, if you aren't sure - give us a call.
• Sports Equipment
• Uniforms (sports, band, cheer)
• Letter Jacket
• Your Artwork
• Musical Instruments
• Clothing showing your heritage
• Costumes from a school production
• Sunglasses & Hats
• Collections, Posters - bring what interests you!
What does ‘on location’ mean?
This simply means that we choose the location of your session together based on your style and personality. We can go to a beach, downtown, to the park, or even to your own home or neighborhood. The possibilities are endless.
Do you have the option of taking my yearbook head-shot?
It really depends on your school. Some schools allow this, while others want you to use a list of photographers they choose. If you’re allowed, yes, we can do your head-shot, but please be sure to obtain permission and the requirements from the school in advance.
Can this session be done at multiple locations?
Yes. Depending on the distance, there may be extra travel fees.
Is there any extra cost to include my pet?
As long as we make arrangements in advance, animals do not cost extra. However, animals tend to tire easily and that’s okay. We typically shoot with the animals FIRST. Please bring someone who can provide care for your animal while you’re in your session. DO NOT leave your pet in the car while we work.
Do you bring an assistant with you?
Do I need to sign a contract?
Yes, We do request that all clients sign a contract with Abigayle Ray Photography. This is not only to protect us, but also you the client. If you are under the age of 18 then a parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the contract as by law a minor can not enter into a contract.
What if I need to reschedule?
We understand things come up and sometimes a date no longer works especially if you book far in advance, so we’re happy to change the date or time for you as long as your new date/time is available. We do request that you contact us as soon as you know that you need a change of date as we book weeks and sometimes even months in advance, especially around the holidays, so we need to also make sure we have your new date available.